Sunday, November 16, 2014

Keeping Busy!

Thank goodness for nap time! Just about every day for the last week or two as soon as both my girls hit the sack (assuming they both decide to nap at the same time) I hightail it to the basement or the garage to get down to business. I have been crafting and working on lots of projects lately! So I thought I would do a quick little share of what I've been working on.

Logan's Big Girl Room:
* Drapes
* Pillows
* New Rug
* Lamps

Christmas
*Cocktail party invites
* Stockings
* Front door wreath
* Logan's play kitchen

I posted about Logan's big girl room a while ago with the hopes of having it done by now. Of course, life has gotten in the way and projects were put on hold until recently. Yesterday I attached this two inch grosgrain ribbon to simple white drapes for Logan's big girl room. I used iron-on hem tape and it couldn't have been easier! Now I'm on the hunt for antique brass curtain hardware, and then I just I need my husband home long enough to help me hang them!



 I also found time during naptime and bedtime to finish these floral euro shams for Logan's big girl room. I followed this blogger's easy straightforward tutorial on how to make shams with a flange and envelope closure since I'm still a novice sewer. I'm so happy with how they turned out and I can't wait to show you the entire room, but I still have a few things to finish up in there before that happens!


I have also been priming and painting this old TV cabinet found at a local thrift shop in preparation for Logan's play kitchen, which will be the big Christmas gift!



I ordered stainless contact paper for the oven and fridge, as well as marble contact paper for the back splash. I also found this little bar sink faucet and these little 5 inch cast iron burners on Amazon.  The thought is to make the play kitchen look like a mini version of our kitchen! It's going to be so cute. I was practically jumping with joy when the box from Amazon arrived today!



 Finally, with Christmas only six weeks away I've been busily preparing for a cocktail party we are hosting and feeling somewhat ready to bypass Thanksgiving and get to decorating for Christmas. Yes, I am one of those people. I even found a local radio station already playing Christmas music 24/7, and you better believe I am rocking out to it any time I'm in the car!



I have plans to put together a wreath for my newly painted front door. This spectacular showpiece is my inspiration! Hopefully I'll have my own version to share with you next week!


I am also excited to be hanging a new stocking on the mantel this year, as our newest addition Katie Parker will be celebrating her first Christmas! These are the stockings I made two years ago when Logan was first born.


Just this week I finished up Katie Parker's stocking with time to spare. No tutorial on how I made them, partly because I forgot to take pictures of the process, and partly because I am really not that good at sewing. You are much better off to take instruction from someone who actually knows what they are doing. I just kind of winged it! I will tell you I had pieces of felt monogrammed first before putting the stockings together rather than waiting until the stocking was finished and then having it monogrammed.


That's about it for now. Plenty to keep me busy! Hoping to have another update on all these fun projects in the weeks to come, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment