Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Heart of Our Home

Can you believe we have been living in Idaho for a little over a year now!? Me neither. Not gonna lie, there were tears when my husband said this was the next stop on the Croissant Family train. The last move for his career was to Ireland. Pretty cool, right? So to go from the lush green hills and quaint villages of a foreign country to the high desert plains of small-town southern Idaho was not nearly as exciting. That is until the promise of my own little piece of the American dream; a house and a yard to call my own.

We owned a place in Raleigh before moving to Ireland, our first place as a matter of fact. There has never been a more beloved 700 square feet. Yes, you read that right, 700 square feet! So to build my own home here in Twin Falls Idaho, and to carefully think out the arrangement of 2700 square feet was a dream come true. Don't get me wrong, I would never trade all the fun and memories we made in that little cottage for anything; but if I had known then what a walk-in-closet, a two car garage, or a finished basement felt like I may have been tempted!

We built this place from the ground up, and I'm so happy with how it all turned out. At the risk of looking like a braggart I'm going to show it off anyway! I've already shared the nursery in this post, and I'm working away on Logan's big girl room with the hopes of having it photo ready in a few weeks. However, today I want to share with you where most of the action happens. No I am not talking about the bedroom, get your head out of the gutter!  I'm talking about the heart of our home, our kitchen and family room.

I once had a friend tell me she never actually read my old blog, but rather just looked at the pictures. I totally get that, and I'm not completely offended. I would love nothing more than to give you a break down of what went into building and decorating this space so far, but I'll spare you the details...at least for now. So, for those of you who are strictly visual people here are a whole bunch of photos.  For those of you who actually bother to read this, whether you care or not what I have to say, thank you; and here are a whole bunch of photos!


















2 comments:

  1. Beautiful job, Kristin! I love that I recognize some of those pieces from way back when. :) I always look forward to seeing (and reading) your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful home! You have a gift for decorating!

    ReplyDelete