Saturday, February 14, 2015

Christmas Flash Back

In addition to my mother bugging me to continue posting to this blog, I just recently gave someone the link to it and realized it's been months since my last post! I knew this was probably the way it was going to be with a toddler, a baby, and a puppy; not to mention a busy social life! Oh well, it is what it is. 

So even though we've since celebrated the New Year and Valentine's Day is this weekend; let's travel back in time to Christmas and I'll give you the run down of how we celebrated!

Insert wavy lines and flashback music here! 

November 22nd 2014
TREE GOES UP!

That's right, an entire week prior to Thanksgiving I had the tree up! I guess that's one of the benefits to the faux tree; it's not going to dry out and shed needles all over. That, and pre-strung lights! Now before you freak out, I did not put the ornaments on until after turkey day. I just wanted to get a jump on my Christmas decor since we were hosting a holiday party this year. So much fun to decorate for our first Christmas in our new house! Here's how it all came out.

I have a long hall between my front door and the great room with a big long blank wall, so this is how I filled that space


 Here is another picture so you can get an idea of scale. 


Wish I could take credit for this super cute idea, but alas I cannot. Guess where the idea did come from? If you guessed Pinterest you get a prize! Found it while wasting away my precious free time pouring over the millions of amazing ideas and projects on that wonderful, but evil site! Here is the link to the creative minds behind this 3D holly wall. I just got a Silhouette cutting machine for my birthday (thanks mom!) and using it to cut out the vinyl letters was my first project!

I will however take credit for the stripped archway. I did it using strips of Washi tape. I liked it so much it's still up, almost three months later! It just adds a fun pop of color to my plain, grey entry.

I mentioned in my last post (three months ago!) that I had just finished sewing the stocking of our newest addition. Here it is hanging happily with the others waiting to be filled.



The garland was a plain faux pine piece that I wired up with ornaments and ribbon. I did the same for the garland on my chandelier and also above our entry hall mirror.


Loved displaying our nutcracker and vintage toy collection here as well. 



We even added a new one to the collection this year. Big surprise it's an Oktoberfest nutcracker!


I also had fun crafting this wild and crazy wreath for the front door.



Finally, my last big holiday project involved an advent calendar for my two year old. 



She called it the numbers and asked almost every morning if she could have her number. Each paper bag was filled with either a small craft project, toy, or candy, and hung with a clothespin on a string tied to command hooks.

Now fast forward a few weeks...


December 13th, 2014 6:00pm
PARTY TIME!

Decided it would be fun to host a holiday cocktail party. It's a lot of work, but you know me, love any excuse to host a shindig!





This last picture is the only one I have of my party frock! Wish I had another occasion to wear this fun sequined pencil skirt! Maybe someday.


Once again journey forward with me two more weeks

December 20-24th, 2014
Week before Christmas

In the few days before Christmas my family descended upon us. It was hectic to have a house full, but I wouldn't change it for anything! We made cookies, drove around and looked at lights, and had a very lovely brunch with Santa at the Sun Valley ski resort, among other things.





December 25th, 2014
Christmas Day

The gifts were up on the table and not under the tree because, in case I forgot to mention, Thankgiving weekend we got a 9-week old boxer puppy! (What were we thinking!?)


Yes, I color-coordinate my wrapping paper to the rest of my holiday decor. You don't? 


I also wear matching jammies! ABC- Always Be Coordinating!


Christmas morning is always the best, and now even more so that we have kids. My Dad and Logan enjoyed coffee together by the new DIY play kitchen. I have to save the before and after pictures for a separate post. It is just so cute it deserves its own day, besides this entry is already long enough. So with that in mind I will leave you with one last picture of my own little rudolph. 


Hope you and your family had a very merry Christmas!
You may now return to February 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment