Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Getting My First Fix!

Once again I have let far too much time pass between blog posts. I love to blog and share what's happening in my life, but somehow that is the problem. Life! When you're busy living your life other things tend to slide. So, I'm sorry, and at the same time I'm not sorry; because I would rather be busy living life than glued to my computer screen every day.   

Ok, moving on...

Recently the online personal stylist service Stitch Fix seems to be blowing up my Facebook feed. I've had several friends give it a try and it piqued my interest. Do I really need a personal stylist? No. I love to shop (much to my husband's dismay), love to accessorize, and I spent many a year in clothing retail, so I know how to put together an outfit.  Unlike the busy working woman who doesn't have it in them to hit the mall, I am a little different than what I imagine their typical clientele is.

So why bother with Stitch Fix? 
I'm a big city girl recently relocated to small town America. I've grown quite fond of small town living, but like anything there are pros and cons. One of the biggest cons for me is no good shopping. I pine for Nordstrom, J Crew, and Anthropologie. Here in south central Idaho I have three stores on my regular shopping rotation, they include: Target, TJ Maxx, and The Brass Monkey, which is a great boutique, and as far as I'm concerned our town's only shopping saving grace. However, when I realized that my last two clothing purchases were made at Costco just one aisle over from 40lb bags of rice and 5 gallon bottles of ketchup, I knew it was time to give Stitch Fix a try! 

Here's how it works:

1. You fill out a very detailed style profile. You will answer all sorts of questions regarding sizing, pricing, preferences, etc. You can even share a link to your Pinterest fashion board if you have one (here's mine) so your stylist can get a better sense of what you like.


2. Order your first fix. Your card will be charged a $20 styling fee, however if you keep one or more items you will be credited back the $20.  Keep all five items and you receive 25% off your entire purchase.

3. Then sit back and wait with baited breath until your Stitch Fix box arrives! Seriously it's like being a kid on Christmas!




4. Try on everything, even if you think you won't like it, you may be surprised! I was. In fact, I let out an audible "yuck" upon pulling out a sweater that I actually ended up loving. Then decide what items you're keeping and what's going back (in a postage paid envelope)!

5. Complete the online checkout, leave feedback, and if you're hooked like me start counting down the days until your next fix arrives!

I loved opening my first stitch fix to find a personalized note from my stylist, Kristy, sharing detailed information about the pieces she chose for me and how I should put them together. Additionally they include style cards sharing ideas on how to put it all together and create different looks!



Thought I would share with you what came in my first fix. 
I put in a request with my stylist for very casual everyday clothing, relaxed denim, and sweaters. It may still be 85 degrees, but I'm ready for fall!

Navy Becker V-Neck Blouse $44, skirt and shoes my own
 I pulled this sheer navy blouse out of the box and was really excited about the color and pattern, but the fit and style weren't perfect so it's going back.

Grey distressed detail sweater $48, black skinny jeans and boots my own.
 This is the sweater I pulled out of the box and thought yuck. It just looked so boxy and boring. However, it's got really great detailing (doesn't really show up well in this photo) and is really comfy! This is a perfect example of why you need to try things on, and put a little trust in your stylist. Pretty sure I'm going to wear the heck out of this thing this fall.

Grey and black striped Dolman Top $48, Liverpool Straight leg jean $78, shoes and scarf my own.

 I was shocked that one pair of jeans could fit so perfectly. Usually when you are shopping for jeans you have to try on at least 20 pairs before you find the right one. That being said I decided to return these because I already have a great pair of straight leg jeans and I wasn't crazy about the wash anyway.
This top also went back because I have something strikingly similar in my closet already. I'm a sucker for stripes!

Teal Green waffle knit cardigan $48, Liverpool straight leg jean $78, shoes my own.


Finally, I put in a request for a drape front sweater and was excited to find this in my fix, but alas the sleeves were just too snug. I do however love the color!

So there you have it. My first fix complete! I only kept one out of five items, but seriously contemplated keeping the jeans and striped top. However, I'm really on the hunt for some new and different things to add to my fall wardrobe. So I guess I'll just have to wait for my next fix, and I'm cool with that, because to me that's half the fun!

Are you ready to get your fix on? Join me, click this link now!
I promise you won't be disappointed. Treat yourself! Christmas is still three months away, why wait when you can have Christmas delivered right to your doorstep next week!







No comments:

Post a Comment